Gum Popping

A place for general discussion.
dontpopthatgum

Gum Popping

Postby dontpopthatgum » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:48 am

Am I the only one who hates this? I was in a meeting recently and a VP of a dept. put a piece of gum in his mouth and went to town. It's rare for men to do this but i literally almost jumped out of my skin. Please advise

Disable adblock

This site is supported by ads and donations.
If you see this text you are blocking our ads.
Please consider a Donation to support the site.

DevinJordan

Re: Gum Popping

Postby DevinJordan » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:46 pm

Oh my GOD i feel you. I work in the glorious world of CUBICLES. Not only do i hear every single noise people make during the day and it drives me INSANE, but i'm literally surrounded by gum poppers. In the middle of our office space is the worlds loudest gum popper i kid you not. It almost sounds like she has a hole in her teeth its so sharp sounding. She will start as soon as she walks into the building and goes all day, she may stop when she eats lunch but goes right back afterwards. Everyone has issues with it, not just me, because of how much she pops her gum.

But that's not the only issue, the issue is that the person who sits behind me, who knows i have an issue with the gum popping, will start in the afternoon and then its literal surround sound of gum popping that i cannot get away from. I bought giant headphones and that helps but it's also annoying to have to toss on my headphones just to get work done because people won't spit some gum out.

It gets to that "flight or fight" mode often and i have to clinch my fists and run from my desk to get some peace, or leave work all together. It's annoying when people KNOW they are bothering people and don't stop or change their habits.

3ACESwild

Postby 3ACESwild » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:19 pm

I have several Anxiety attacks a day just dealing with one person chewing and popping gum all day with their mouth open, I think I would die being surrounded by dozens. I have finally brought headphones to work but since they are frowned upon in my office I can rarely use them. My coworkers know one of my major trigger sounds is gum chewing/popping and out of respect they won't chew any but my boss on the other hand will chew it all day long and it seems to just get louder and louder everyday. For the longest time I could be around people (very aggravated and annoyed but around them) but now, I literally run to my vehicle at 5pm and take the longest route home just so I can enjoy some quiet time before I go home to my family where my toddler will chew with her mouth open because she refuses to learn to close it (she thinks it's funny when I get mad at her which is usually what happens with a 2 year old when they're told not to do something). Then on my days where my boss doesn't chew gum, she sucks on candy and makes that lip smacking noise ALL the time! Drives me bonkers!!

imemilyalice

Postby imemilyalice » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:35 am

It's happens sometimes. Don't worry.

Disable adblock

prosemania

Postby prosemania » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:06 pm

I appreciate the admin of this website for this great sharing. This type of Sharing enhances the information of visitors. This type of sharing provokes me to share posts on social media for mankind. I request to admin to post this type of post / blog on daily basis. Finally I catch you and I will try to keep in touch with your posts. I personally, suggest educationalists to visit this website for great information
thesis writing service UK

Brittany Files

Postby Brittany Files » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:41 am

I work in retail and sometimes a customer comes in and cracks gum in my face.

porgie

Postby porgie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:39 am

I can so relate. I have been a manager in a couple of retail stores and one of my absolute rules was NO GUM. I think I am the only person on earth that wants to go through the TV when I see a celebrity chomping on gum...Anyone that knows me knows that I say the worst invention ever was gum.

porgie

Postby porgie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:49 am

I completely understand..ie the cubicles. I once worked at same kind of place with cubicles next to the reception area and the girl that worked there chewed and snapped gum all day....and she clicked and flicked her fake nails. I took it for 2 days and then took her aside. She actually stopped it. I am glad what I have has a name.

maxgadgetuk

Postby maxgadgetuk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:20 pm

??????????????????

Disable adblock

Return to “General”