Facebook Support Group
Here are the current Group Guidelines:
Paul Dion is the admin and Mark Oatley, Sarah Kohrman Anderson, Michelle Viveiros and Mike Rigby are moderators. We welcome you to the group, you are no longer alone!
This is a private group. Member’s posts cannot be read by other people on Facebook unless they are a member of this group. This group is recommended for an 18+ audience and is primarily an English-speaking group.
You must answer the questions presented when requesting membership and IF YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE CONTAINS VERY LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, please send a short introductory message to one of the moderators.
This Facebook group provides support to those who actually have misophonia. NOTE: it is not appropriate to add people as a way to introduce them to misophonia – send them to the public website instead: www.misophonia.com
In this group, you may find discussions/posts/images/videos about:
1) trigger sounds
2) personal coping methods
3) requests for advice or suggestions on dealing with the effects of misophonia
4) links of interest
5) posts in which people vent and express their frustrations (some “adult” language is to be expected)
6) humor in text or memes
7) words of encouragement from people who have first-hand knowledge of misophonia
To ensure a positive experience for all, the following types of posts will be removed:
1) Off-topic posts.
2) Posts that advertise the sales of products/services that are NOT related to misophonia.
3) All requests for money/donations.
4) Any post that expresses hate or is disparaging of people.
5) Antagonistic posts of those that contain personal insults/attacks or are inciting. All participants in “arguments” run the risk of caution or removal.
6) Pictures/videos of people without their knowledge or consent.
7) WORDS MATTER. “I want to wring his neck” is NOT the same as “I literally want to kill him” or “he’ll be sorry when I pull out my knife.” Specific threats of violence will be removed.
8) Religion and politics should be discussed elsewhere.
9) Flooding the group with links to other websites or groups (only one link per day to any outside site or group allowed).
10) Discussions about treatments are appropriate but no advertising, promotion or referrals allowed.
11) No event posting, please.
Notice: You may not agree with every post that you read and people may not always approve of your posts. This is the nature of a forum-style support group. Disagreement in knowledge, approach, suggestions and opinion will occur. Everyone’s opinion is valid and is important to foster the full experience of a community dialogue. Note: “being offended” is possible and is not actionable. Your use of this group indicates your agreement to abide by these guidelines. The moderators reserve the right to remove posts and persons who violate the group rules.
I hope you have a great experience using this support group. Questions or concerns? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our public site: www.misophonia.com