Facebook Support Group
Here are the current Group Guidelines:
Paul Dion is the admin and Mark Oatley, Michelle Viveiros, and Mike Rigby are moderators. We welcome you to the group, you are no longer alone!
This is a private group. Only people who have misophonia are approved for membership. You must answer the questions presented when requesting membership and state that you have misophonia and that you have read these guidelines. If your Facebook page only contains minimal information about you, please send a short introductory message to one of the moderators. Note: It is not appropriate to add people to the group or share posts from this group to introduce them to misophonia – send them to the public website instead: www.misophonia.com. Member’s posts cannot be read by other people on Facebook unless they are a member of this group. This group is recommended for an 18+ audience and is primarily an English-speaking group.
In this group, you may find discussions/posts/images/videos about:
1) Personal coping methods and words of encouragement from people who have misophonia
2) Requests for advice
3) Trigger sounds
4) Posts in which people vent and express their frustrations (some “adult” language is to be expected)
5) Personal accounts of treatment possibilities
6) Humor in text or memes and general links of interest
To ensure a positive experience for all, the following types of posts will be removed:
1) Off-topic posts
2) Posts that advertise the sales of products/services that are NOT related to misophonia
3) All requests for money/donations
4) Any post that expresses hate or is disparaging of people
5) Antagonistic posts of those that contain personal insults/attacks or are inciting, gratuitous profanity posted for shock value may be removed
6) Pictures/videos of people without their knowledge or consent
7) Words matter, specific threats of violence will be removed
8) Religion and politics should be discussed elsewhere
9) Flooding the group with links to other websites or groups (only one link per day to any outside site or group allowed)
10) Discussions about treatments are appropriate but no advertising, promotion or referrals allowed
11) No event posting, please
12) Over-the-top gratuitous trigger-laden posts (especially audio/visual) may be removed
Notice: You may not agree with every post that you read, and people may not always approve of your posts. This is the nature of a forum-style support group. Disagreement in knowledge, approach, suggestions, and opinion will occur. Everyone’s opinion is valid and is important to foster the full experience of a community dialogue. Note: “being offended” is possible and is not actionable.
Your use of this group indicates your agreement to abide by these guidelines. The moderators reserve the right to remove posts and persons who violate the group rules.
I hope you have a great experience using this support group. Questions or concerns? Contact the admin: email@example.com
Please visit our public site: www.misophonia.com